If you look closely at my hands, you’ll see I have time all over them. In order to get it off, I sit in the recliner, rocking and making anagrams of Versatile Blogger. The post title is an anagrammatically correct version of Versatile Blogger. Although it works as a statement, I couldn’t find any evidence on Google that gerbils love awards, so I added the commas, and rather like the expression, “Great gerbils!” I hope you don’t mind me calling you “love.”
Three kind, talented, and versatile bloggers nominated me this month for Versatile Blogger: Detrimentally Disgruntled, Chicken Nuggets and Elmo, and Riatarded. That anyone reads my blog, much less enjoys it, continually surprises and delights me.
Since I received this award once before, I am only going to highlight those who nominated me. Detrimentally Disgruntled draws delightfully for her droll stories, Chicken Nuggets and Elmo provides parenting pointers in prose, and Riatarded writes and rants well about reality and things she reads. You will enjoy each one. None of them are compulsive alliterators, in case you were wondering.
Detrimentally Disgruntled also included me for a Liebster award. I’m thinking of adopting her. And, although “A weird blaster” is anagrammatically correct for Liebster Award, I wasn’t happy with it. I can imagine someone saying, “Web raids later,” to mean they will Google something when they have time, but I will leave it up to you to come up with something more interesting. From Liebster Blog, I came up with “Le Big Lobster,” which would make a nice name for a French seafood restaurant or a blog.
This last award has rules:
- Thank the blogger (see above) who bestowed the award.
- Pass it on to five other bloggers, who must have fewer than 200 followers.
- Notify the nominees.
- Display the award on your blog.
The hardest part is picking only five bloggers. The second hardest part is figuring out who has fewer than 200 followers.
- Views and Mews by Coffee Kat – lots of funny stories and musings (her Native American name is ‘She Who Dances with Appliances’)
- Bluebird Blvd. – an eclectic collection of words, music, poetry, drawings, and good writing (she also owns a small mint for coining new words and phrases)
- Just Add Attitude – a lovely Irish woman who introduces you to her world through words and pictures while keeping both feet on the ground in her lovely ballet flats
- Words from my Soul – a writer in Papua New Guinea who writes with a broken heart about violence against women and children (bring tissue)
- The Painter Lady – an artist who writes about life, books, spirituality, and history
There are plenty more, and I have plans to share them with you in the coming year.
Great gerbils, would you look at the time! I’m off now on some web raids, looking for love and lobster. Just kidding about the love. I’ve got plenty of that from you.